After an Accident
What to Do After a Car Accident
Steps to Follow after a Car Accident in Longview
Were you recently been injured in a car accident? Taking the right steps in the aftermath can go a long way towards recovering the financial compensation you deserve by means of a personal injury claim. Speaking with our Longview car accident lawyer as soon as you are able, for example, can have a significant impact on how much you could recover.
Don’t worry—trust our firm to get you through!
Erskine & McMahon, LLP has over a century of experience helping clients recover damages after being hurt through someone else’s negligence. Following our list of steps to take after a car accident can make a substantial difference.
- If you are able to, move your car away from traffic and onto the shoulder.
- Call for an ambulance right away if you or any of the other drivers are seriously hurt.
- You are obligated to exchange pertinent information from all other drivers involved. It can be a great help to your case if you obtain the contact and insurance information from all other drivers and passengers.
- Whether you believe you were at fault or not, do not apologize or make any such incriminating statements to the other drivers, law enforcement, or insurance adjusters. Any statement such as an apology can be used to deny or limit your eligibility to recover compensation.
- Call a police officer to the scene and obtain a copy of their report of the accident. Make sure you provide your attorney with this to incorporate into your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and damage to any property involved. Your injuries will heal with time and other drivers can sometimes intentionally damage their own vehicles to later claim you were at fault.
- Retain any documentation relating to any medical attention you received tied to your injuries. This can include doctor’s notes, prescriptions, etc.
- Make a note as soon as you can of your experience. Describe how the accident unfolded as best you can. Your memory can fade with time, and your notes can be entered as evidence supporting your claim.
Call a trusted Longview car accident attorney right away to begin work on your claim and provide them with all the information and documentation you have collected.
We Fight For You
Free In-House Consultation
More Than 100 Years of Experience
Se Habla Espanol